Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SYTYCD

So You Think You Can Dance is probably my favorite show that has ever existed (well besides FRIENDS)! We finally got through Vegas week and the competition has begun. I was seriously blown away tonight. I was going to post my top 3 performances but I ended up loving just about all of them. So, in order of my preference (and it was a tough decision) . . . here's the rundown:

The number 1 spot has to go to Jeanine and Phillip who did Hip Hop. Tabitha and Napoleon are such incredible choreographers! And I can't believe how great Jeanine was for being a contemporary dancer.

number 2 is for Melissa and Ade who danced Contemporary. I'm not sold on naughty ballerina's personality yet. . . but she is a great dancer. This was one of those have to rewind back and rewatch a couple more time performances.

number 3 goes to Caitlin and Jason who did Bollywood. I'm so glad this genre was introduced to the show - it's incredible to watch. And, I think Jason might be my fav this year (hmmm - we'll have to see)

number 4 is for the Utah Girl Randi and Evan who did Jazz. I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about either of them. But, I love when I feel tingles after watching a performance!!

number 5 (I know I'm still going - I said I loved most of them) is for the crash test dummies Ashley and Kupono who danced Jazz. This was just such a cool routine. Pretty much unbelievable.

number 6 goes to Kayla and Max who danced Samba. I love Kayla's story. I typically don't like hearing the sad stories of contestants in either American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance, but Kayla's really touched me (cheesy - I know).

lastly number 7 is for Janette and Brandon who did Foxtrot. First of all they danced to Michael Buble, so that's already great, but I thought they did a really nice job.

The other 3 performances were just ok for me.

Love SYTYCD!! What did everyone else think??

5 comments:

sarahbjolley said...

i LOVED max and kayla, i thought kayla did an amazing job for having NEVER done any ballroom before. and i was "touched" by her story as well haha

Buell Fam said...

I agree with not loving the "naughty ballerina's" personality, but there dance was really awesome! I was sad tonight by the girl who went home - I really liked her personality and think she did better last night than the judges gave credit. (I won't say the name incase you haven't seen the results show yet.

I still don't have a fav. this year - I usually do. I think I'll be routing for the the mormon girl though!

Amy said...

Wow...I didn't know you're such a big fan. COOL! Hope everything is going ok with the move:)

Bethany said...

it was AMAZING!! i agree with everything you said. i seriously wasn't sure i would fall in love with these dancers, but after this week, i love them all. and i'm glad that we lost the couple we did, they were definitely the weakest. i'm so excited to have wade robson back, he is my FAVE!! and shane sparks, i'm hoping he'll do more than just the group choreography. anyway, UM...what's this comment about MOVING?!!!

Karen said...

This is my first year watching. I have no idea on names, rules or who I like. I am just in it to pass the time. It is a lot of fun.

Engagement Pictures