Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Starving Students

Every year Bryan and I buy the starving student card we think we're gonna save so much money. And then a few months go by and we completely forget about the card :( We were cleaning out Bryan's wallet this past weekend and found the card. We decided to get some use out of the card and create a cheap date off of it. There really were so many options! We decided to hit up Winger's for dinner and then over to the Nickelcade. Maybe I'm too much like a 12 year old boy. . . but I had a blast! We were probably on Police Trainer for a half hour - love that game! I don't think we've quite made our money back from the card yet - but I've now added a another resolution to my list: Actually use the starving student card!

On another note. BYU offers free software classes to their employees. I took illustrator. What an amazing program! So I decided to use what I learned (which is not that much) and make a header for the blog. I hope to get better at illustrator and change my header each time I change my background. Oh the fun things in life!!

8 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

Super cute background and header. I am glad that you guys had so much fun! I am definitely anti starving student cards I definitely got more poor every time I bought them. And one time the sales person could not take no for an answer.

ashley said...

Looks good. That is definitely one of my biggest regrets - not taking advantage of more perks while being a BYU employee. I'd kill now for an Illustrator or Photoshop class. Think of all the free tuition I missed out on!

Justin and Coralie said...

It looks so cute! I need to learn Illustrator or something like it. :)

Karen said...

Love your new ability. It really is so cute!

Buell Fam said...

The header looks great - good job!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!!! Free school, get all you can!!!! Hope you have lot's more fun dicounted dinner dates:)

Lyndee W. said...

Before I read the post I thought, "Totally cute header!" Great job!

Unknown said...

i LOVE the header! Please teach me...this is a skill that I have been wanting for a very long time! teach me now. please. thanks.

Engagement Pictures