Sunday, January 4, 2009

Unnecessary Baggage

Today I threw away 27 shirts, 1 pair of shoes & 3 pairs of jeans! I cannot even explain how good it feels to get rid of that extra baggage. This all started with my husband looking into our closet and exclaiming "you have so many clothes," and me responding with what I've probably said 100 times, "Yes I have a lot of clothes in our closet - but I don't wear most of it!" I have a serious problem of holding onto clothes that I don't wear. I'm not kidding - most of that stuff I threw away I've had since high school. I don't know why I still have it - I seriously don't know why I still have it. Now I'm not saying this little exercise I did of throwing some clothes away has completely cured me. . . . because I still have some clothes in there that I probably will not wear again that I just could not part with :( At least it's a start though!!

10 comments:

Kim Wennerlind said...

That's alot of clothes to get rid of. It is definetly a start! :)

Justin and Coralie said...

...I need to do that too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh and thanks for the "fabulous award" blog forever ago. I meant to do that but I kept forgetting (I still had updates to do)... but I did see it and thank you for the "award" :)

Anonymous said...

Good job:) Don't forget about DI, Lots of girls would probably love your unwanted shirts, shoes and pants. And you can feel good about getting rid of those old favorites.
;0)

Summer Carlile said...

Lol that must be a bagley thing or something. Steve helped me go through my clothes last sunday and give them to DI. Since I have been home from my mission I do that about every four months and each time I get rid of junk that I haven't worn in a long time. So maybe someday I won't have any junk in my closet.

Unknown said...

amen sister. amen.

John and Ann Tolman said...

I read a long time ago every time you buy a new pair of shoes ...give one away. I've gotten really good at it, if fact Uncle John does not like to turn his back for fear of what I'll toss.

Karen said...

Oh Esther. Are you really getting rid of that hot pink shirt? I am sure it will be back in style soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mrsdriscoll said...

i hear ya there! i could have taken some of that from ya ;)

Jill Girl said...

I'm the exact same way, sista. Hey I had to start a blog for one of my classes at school. Check me out! http://jattridge.blogspot.com/

Engagement Pictures